mercoledì 28 aprile 2021

Love Poem – Possibly About My Cat

Welcome to the Spot Writers. This month’s theme is “All the pretty things.” This week story comes from Chiara. Chiara is currently in Berlin, Germany, doing her best to catch up with semi-abandoned writing projects. Her YA novel “Mi chiamo Elisa” was published in Italy by “Le Mezzelane Casa Editrice” in September 2020.


  

Love Poem - Possibly About My Cat

by Chiara De Giorgi


I’ve always known to look for pretty things

Sometimes I catch them with a single glance

Sometimes they just appear out of the blue

But I would never want to miss the chance

To spot one pretty thing when I’m with you.


I lose myself into your lovely eyes

And I forget about the world around

Because of all the pretty things I’ve seen

For me you are the prettiest one, hands down

And I’m the happiest that I’ve ever been.

 ♥

It’s not that hard to look up at the sky

And recognize how beautiful it is

By day, the sun, the clouds, and all the birds

By night, the moon that shines over the trees

Competes with stars, too elegant for words.

 

And yet, when I’m with you, I can’t look up

I only hear your voice and feel your heart

It beats with mine, it is a symphony

And it is never right to be apart

The greatest gift for me’s your company.

 

So let us look at pretty things together

I bet they’ve never looked so nice before

We’re holding hands and it’s spellbinding

The way waves sound when crashing on the shore

Just everything, with you, is more enchanting.

 

So, to conclude this poem about good things:

I like to spot them when I’m on my own

But what I truly, really love to do

Is do the same, but when I’m not alone:

Watch all the pretty things and be with you.

 ♥

*****

The Spot Writers—Our Members:

Val Muller: http://www.valmuller.com/blog/

Catherine A. MacKenzie: https://writingwicket.wordpress.com/wicker-chitter/

Phil Yeats: https://alankemisterauthor.wordpress.com

Chiara De Giorgi: https://chiaradegiorgi.blogspot.com/

 

 

 

 

 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento